Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mökillä


Sorry for not posting for a couple of days, I had a busy Vappu weekend! But now I'm back again, with some photos that I took around our summerhouse last weekend :)
A well eaten tree... Rabbits perhaps?




WHAT? A HELICOPTER??? Our summerhouse is about 30km away from any city but we still see helicopters there quite often... At least more often than in Oulu even if it's considered as a big city in Finland.
An earthquake or what? No, that just happens when the water under the road freezes in the winter and melts during spring... But as a matter of fact, one of the biggest earthquakes of the year was in March near our summerhouse. It was 2 magnitude, and I read somewhere that the earthquake in Japan was 10 million times stronger than that! But well, we actually do have earthquakes in Finland, too..........

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, they seem so typically Finish to me because of the woods... ( I don't know why but in my head Finland=snow and woods )
    I really should go to Finland at least once in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Hopefully you'll visit Finland some day ;)
    And I don't wonder why you think so, because Finland has a lot of snow and forests :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting lovely picts,Your picts of Finland really intrigue meee :p So beautiful!! And... if I didn't know that around Finland there is also an earthquake eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sinley♥!! Haha I guess every single country has those small earthquakes ;) Actually I haven't ever felt an earthquake even if there have been a couple of them in Finland..

    ReplyDelete